Publications & Recognition
- I was hired by the Michigan State Univ. Horticulture Dept. to design/execute a "ColorJoyful Yarn bOMbing at MSU Horticultural Gardensin October 2012-May 2013.
- "Sunberry," A 2-color socklet design including
a variation of my Crystal Heel, was included in the online knitting magazine, Knitty, Spring & Summer 2012.
- "Crystal," A 3-color socklet design including
my innovative Crystal Heel, was also published in, Knitty, Spring & Summer 2013.
- My neckwarmer design "Sprite" was included in the online knitting magazine, KnitCircus, Winter 2011-2012.
- "Cloud 9" sock pattern was published by
a print -or- PDF magazine including all crafts, summer 2011 (Print Issue 2).
- "Hot Waves," my sock design, was included in
"Joy of Sox, a socks-only knitting book by Lark Books, 2009. (Later printings are titled "
Joy of Socks.")
- Heels and Toes Gazette published 5 of my sock
designs and an article on Turkish Socks.
- "Sipp-A-Roo," my
button-handled water bottle cozy was published by MagKnits in March of 2008. (Click link for Free
- I knit a self-portrait
was included in the fiberart exhibition called "Threads in Space." This exhibit was held in summer of 2006,
at the Susan Hensel gallery in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA.
- Marie Irshad of KnitCast, the very first Podcast about knitting, interviewed me in fall 2005. The interview
is 30 minutes and still pertinent.
- Summer 2001, I presented a three-day feltmaking performance art/exhibit entitled
"The Fabric of Friendship."
(Sponsored by The Art Apartment, East Lansing, Michigan).
- I was included in the book
Polymer Clay: Creating Functional and Decorative Objects, by Jacqueline Gikow. This book is unique in
that it focuses on polymer for items other than jewelry.
- Outside of the realm of Fiber and Polymer, I created a 4" x 6"
self-portrait as a soft-block print.
It was included in the gallery section of Luann Udell's book The Weekend
Stamp Carving: Techniques, Designs & Projects, from Lark Books, 2002.
Copyright, Lynn DT Hershberger 2012
I'm Lynn DT Hershberger, of Lansing, Michigan, USA.
LynnH is what I've been called online since 1995.
- I'm an artist (knitter, designer, teacher, and singer). I'm passionate about creativity in ordinary parts of life.
- I've knit almost 200 pairs of socks to date. If you are interested, you can see several dozen of my pairs on my
- I teach knitting, felting & polymer clay, in Lansing, Michigan and at
fiber/knitting events throughout the USA. This is my primary business. May I teach for you?
- I write a weblog about artful living.
- I design knitting patterns with clearly-written instructions (and multiple photos when needed).
- When I became allergic to standard baking ingredients, I created my own recipes for pumpkin pie, brownies and the like. I self-published a dessert cookbook called "I Can Eat These" so that others would not need to invent recipes from scratch.
- Read article in Greater Lansing Woman's Monthly Magazine
- I sing in a retro-1920's duo (The Fabulous Heftones) with my husband, Brian.
- ColorJoy is a one-woman business. That makes me the designer, secretary, publicist, baker, writer and instructor.
Fortunately, I have wonderful folks who test edit, test knit, test bake, take photos and
proofread for me. I work alone when I'm not teaching, but my products are the result of a caring team.
What's in a Name?
(Frequently Asked Questions)
- My business is named ColorJoy by LynnH, or just ColorJoy.
- ColorJoy.com and LynnH.com are the same site.
- I use the name Lynn DT Hershberger when I publish or create.
- Brian is my beloved husband. We found each other in our late 30's.
We've been married over 15 years and I still think he's the bee's knees. When
we sing together, I use the name Lynn Hefferan.
Some people call me Joy, because of my business name. I LOVE being called Joy!
(Actually, my 1998 New Beetle's name is Joy... but I don't mind sharing.)
- My bank accepts checks made out to LynnH. I get a giggle out of that.
I'd love to work with you. Shall we dance?